Okay, so I think we can officially call these posts monthly life updates because I always seem to resort to them at the beginning of a new month. I feel like so much happens in a month, and as this is basically the only platform where I share the ins and outs of my life, it’s probably the best place to stay up to date with what is going on with me. Remember when I said November was going to be a pretty eventful month? Well, I was both wrong and right. I traveled less than I normally do, but other things took its place, so I guess it evens out.
If you haven’t read the last update or need to refresh your memory a little, you can do so right here.
So, let’s start with travel, as I was literally just talking about it. As I said, I did travel less than usual. My travel buddy was gone for most of the month, so we didn’t get to see that much of England together. But it’s just as good because I’m starting to get a lot of stuff to do for my classes and I need to spend all the time I can on these assignments.
However, we did kick off the month with a weekend in Manchester and Liverpool. Friday was spent visiting the Beatles’ city (and it ended up being one of my favorite trips so far), and we spent Saturday roaming the streets of Manchester. We spent the night at IBIS Style Hotel in Manchester, and it was absolutely amazing! It was a very cute place and also super affordable. Manchester itself was kind of disappointing, to be completely honest. I thought there would be more to see. I’m a history nerd and Manchester is not all that historical, but it’s very urban so if you like this kind of things, I’m sure you’ll love it! As for Liverpool, I actually wrote a travel guide all about it earlier this month if you’re interested!
The rest of the month was spent on day-trips to London. I do plan on writing a travel guide to London before I leave, so I won’t reveal too much, but here’s what I’ve seen so far: the British Museum, Covent Garden (all decorated for Christmas!), Piccadilly Circus, the Science Museum, Notting Hill, the Victoria & Albert Museum, and Abbey Road. I’ve also visited the Harry Potter studios on Monday (!!!!) and it was absolutely magical. There should be a new post next week all about my experience, so make sure to check that one out if you’re interested!
- I got tickets to see Demi Lovato in March in Montreal!!! When I found out that she was going on tour and coming to Montreal, I knew I had to get tickets. I convinced my BFF and my cousin to come with me, and I was able to score us some amazing tickets! Somehow, I was able to get tickets during the pre-sale (by some miracle), and they’re AMAZING! We got floor tickets that are literally five feet from the stage. Um, WHAT?! I’m legit so excited because Demi is an amazing performer and it’ll be my first time seeing her live!
- I celebrated my 22nd birthday! I was supposed to go out with my friends, but I had two interviews that day (yes, I know, it sucks). So in the morning, we went to Notting Hill and had tea in London. At night, after my two interviews, we ordered pizza, chicken nuggets and all the greasy things (no shame) and had a little celebration in one of my friends’ flat. It was very lowkey, but it was just what I needed. I had so much fun and I’m so thankful to have friends to celebrate this with away from home! *All of that happened the day before my actual birthday. On November 9th, I had classes from 9 am to 8 pm, so I didn’t do anything special to celebrate.
- Talking about interviews, I got an internship for my winter semester! I will be the marketing intern for a little company on the south shore of Montreal called Patience Fruit & Co, and I’m already super excited! One of my tasks will be to take over their Instagram account, so I’m very eager to learn more about the business.
- School-wise, I have a lot of assignments coming my way, so I’m trying my best to hand in everything on time and to handle this finals season. I don’t have any exams, but I have multiple essays and oral presentations, so hopefully I’ll make it out alive.
Books & TV shows
I normally split these two categories into two, but *SURPRISE SURPRISE* I only read 1 book (it was actually a novella, to make matters worse) this month, so I decided to merge them together.
Book I’ve read:
- Fracture Me by Tahereh Mafi (affiliate link) – 3 stars
As for TV shows, I’m almost done with That 70’s Show (I’m on season 7). This show is SO. FREAKING. HILARIOUS. The first 3 seasons are golden. Now, the more I watch, the less interested I am, but it’s still a pretty great sitcom, so whenever I’m in the mood for something funny, that’s what I watch.
I’ve also finally gotten over myself and watched the masterpiece that is the third season of Teen Wolf. As expected, I cried like a baby at the end of the season. I’ve also finished season 4 and am now watching season 5. I really want to finish watching the show before I leave the UK because it’s not available on Netflix Canada, so if you’re looking for me, I’ll be binge-watching the series in my dorm room.
Finally, I felt the sudden urge to rewatch Sex and the City when I woke up on Saturday morning, so I have spent my weekend watching the first season. I’m now on season 2, and I’ve even convinced one of my BFFs to watch it too because she had never seen it before (like, WHAT?!).
I’ve been so on top of my game when it comes to blogging lately! Here are a few highlights:
- I’ve been growing my mailing list pretty steadily. I’ve reached 300 subscribers (yay!) and I’m pretty confident that I’ll be able to reach my goal of 400 by the end of the year. By the way, if you are not subscribed, you can do so here! You’ll get access to my resource library and get plenty of never-shared-on-the-blog tips directly into your inbox every first of the month!
- I’m not sure if you have noticed or not, but I’ve increased the number of times I post in a week to twice, every Monday and Friday. I don’t know why, but I’ve felt more inspired lately, so that’s a good thing! I hope I’ll be able to keep the posting schedule to every Monday and Friday until at least the beginning of January, but so far it’s looking good! I have my editorial calendar pretty much figured out ’til then, so let’s hope it stays that way. 🙂 (I already have some end of the year posts written, haha)
- There are two fun giveaways happening both on the blog and Instagram so far!
- The first giveaway is on Instagram and it gives you a chance to win a $150 prepaid Visa gift card! You have until Sunday to enter if you haven’t done it yet. Check it out here!
- The second giveaway is happening on Monday’s blog post! I launched my reader survey and I’d love to get your opinion. If you fill out the survey and leave your email address at the end, you’ll have a chance to win a $100 Sephora gift card! I just wanted to show you how much your support means to me through this little giveaway. 🙂
- Also, fun fact: I’ve reached 300 likes on my Facebook page and 900 followers on Instagram! That was really unexpected, so thank you!
WHAT’S COMING NEXT
- My semester abroad is coming to an end *cries*. I will be leaving the UK officially on December 18 and will be returning home for the holidays. I’m sad it’s all coming to an end, but I’m also super excited to see my family and friends.
- The end of the year also means the end of the last quarter (Q4), so I’m trying my best to reach all of those goals! I already know that I won’t be reaching most of them, but I’d like to knock out a few before the New Year.